Frontend Engineer (React, WebAssembly)
JOB FUNCTION Frontend Engineer (React, WebAssembly)
COMPANY PSPDFKit GmbH
LOCATION Headquarters:Vienna, Austria,Remote
- Work as part of a small, driven team that builds new features and fixes existing issues on a steady schedule, all while preserving a work/life balance.
- Make architectural decisions that will impact thousands of products for years.
- Write readable and well-documented code with meaningful tests so that we can ship new releases often and without fear.
- Spend more time getting things right as opposed to hacking something quickly.
- Collaborate with the whole company (Android, iOS, Windows, Core, Support, Design, Marketing, and Sales) using Slack, GitHub, and Zoom.
- Have a high-level understanding of the web technology stack: HTTP, WebSockets, cookies, DOM, CSS, and the browser as a platform.
- Be eager to learn new technologies (e.g. IndexedDB 2, Service Workers, WebAssembly), while keeping an eye open for fallbacks for older browsers (We support IE 11+).
- Have a strong interest in building user interfaces that are easy to use, responsive, and accessibly to a broad variety of people.
- Have good communication skills and enjoy working on a passionate team.
- Have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Have a good command of English for writing documentation and occasional blog posts.
- Understand the challenges of working on a distributed team.
- The ability to work remotely and set your own schedule.
- Room for personal and professional development by encouraging learning and experimenting.
- Numerous planned company events throughout the year (for example, in Croatia, Italy, Spain, Greece, and Vienna).
- The freedom to set up your ideal work environment.
- A motivated team and a work culture that enables you to do your best work.
- A generous vacation policy of five weeks, plus additional allowance for conferences.
An Application Should Include:
- A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. We are especially interested in knowing how you started, what projects you have loved (or not loved) working on, what motivates you, and what surprising things you’ve learned since you began programming.
- A piece of code (it doesn’t have to be your own) that does something you find interesting, and an explanation why.
- Links to online profiles you use (e.g. GitHub, Twitter).
- A description of your work history (such as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://pspdfkit.com/jobs/frontend-engineer/
You may also be interested in these jobs below