Back-end API Development Lead
JOB FUNCTION Back-end API Development Lead
LOCATION Headquarters:Minneapolis, MN ,USA
Join Nomics as we create the data backbone for the open financial system.
Nomics is a cloud-based data platform where users can access gapless and normalized financial data about tokenized assets through API endpoints. We offer data that professionals and semi-professionals need at a fraction of the cost of: (1) rolling your own database and ingesting billions of trades, (2) waiting weeks behind rate limited APIs to download historical data, and (3) normalizing highly inconsistent data feeds. Our product allows hedge funds, allocators, family offices, and professional investors to: develop and test investment strategies, accurately track their portfolio and fluctuations in the market, and build compelling financial data-enabled software (e.g. fintech) applications.
Would you like to join a customer-obsessed team creating an API product for developers? Then join us at Nomics.
As a Back-end API Developer, you’ll be part of a small product team collaborating cross-functionally to design, build, ship, maintain and improve the next version of our cryptoasset market data API. We’re looking for someone with strong experience in web applications, databases, and billing systems who can run the project and interact directly with our product and marketing team to help them meet their goals. In addition to gaining experience at a fast-growing start-up serving the cryptocurrency investor community, you’ll also have a tremendous impact on the product: defining and in some cases owning many aspects of our API.
Some of your contributions will include:
- Collaborating on small, empowered teams to help discover and understand market and customer problems.
- Regularly interacting with customers about their problems and needs.
- Writing robust, well-tested code, ensuring that the team has the confidence to make changes and iterate quickly.
- Building fault-tolerant and highly-available systems to support the exponential growth of our API.
- Creating a dynamic billing engine on top of Stripe (we want to be able to customize plans, pricing, and billing methods to experiment rapidly with multiple ways to charge for the Nomics API).
- Supporting our front-end team in building a self-service account and key management front-end for customers to sign up and use the API.
- Owning many aspects of our API customers’ experience.
Required experience and skills:
- 3+ years web application development
- 1+ years working on billing systems
- Autonomous, organized, and disciplined technical leader
- Strong communication, planning, and estimation skills
- Dedication to honesty, transparency, and kindness
- Automated testing as part of your development workflow
Bonus experience and skills:
- Node JS HTTP APIs
- Cassandra or PostgreSQL
Finally, because Nomics is a fully remote team, you should be comfortable working remotely and communicating asynchronously. You are in charge of your own work environment that works best for you. We are a Slack-free workplace.
- Communication – You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well and seek to understand before reacting. You maintain calm poise in stressful situations to draw out the clearest thinking. You provide candid feedback to colleagues. You can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do.
- Creativity – You create useful new ideas. You minimize complexity and find time to simplify. You re-conceptualize issues to discover solutions to hard problems. You welcome change.
- Judgment – You identify root causes, and go beyond treating symptoms. You challenge assumptions and strive to propose solutions when practical. You make wise decisions despite ambiguity and use data to inform your intuition. You think strategically and make decisions based on the long term. You define your desired goals and work backward from there.
- Integrity – You are known for candor, authenticity, transparency, and being non-political. You only say things about fellow employees that you say to their face. You admit mistakes and apologize freely and openly. You treat people with respect independent of their status or disagreement with you.
Nomics is an equal opportunity employer; we are passionate about creating an inclusive environment that upholds the dignity of all people and celebrates a diversity of thought, backgrounds, and experiences.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://nomics.breezy.hr
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
Full-Stack Software Engineer
May. 21st | Articulate