Backend Software Engineer
JOB FUNCTION Backend Software Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:Munich, DE and New York, NY,Must be located: Europe, North America
What we’re looking for
- Translate ideas into projects with discrete tasks.
- Give guidance & unblock others on their team/area.
- Be sought out by others as a technical resource.
- Provide mentorship to other members of the engineering team.
- Seek design, architecture or specialized input when needed (and know when it’s needed).
- Make good, informed decisions around technical debt and tradeoffs.
- Communicate with non-technical team members to give technical advice.
- Working within a cross functional team of Product Managers, UX designers and frontend engineers to understand the requirements and scope that drive the design of technical solutions.
You will potentially act as tech lead on one of our teams.
- Contributing clean, functional and tested code.
- Setting up and managing appropriate tooling.
- Creating documentation of new features and maintaining to the documentation of existing ones.
- Finding and addressing performance issues throughout the application.
- Helping to identify and fix bugs and issues.
- Experience with Python and its ecosystems.
- Experience with or exposure to some other tools which exist in our projects: Django, Celery, PostgreSQL.
- Be comfortable running as well as developing applications.
- Experience with “zero downtime” deployments / migrations.
- A good surface/contextual-level understanding of “the full web stack”.
We don’t expect you to know the mechanics of a DNS SOA record, for example, but knowing the right tool to use for a given task is important, as is knowing enough to start asking helpful question.
- A good command of English: written and verbal, producing and understanding.
Communication is vital, especially as a distributed team, where most tools we use don’t communicate tone or body language.
- Experience with team leadership
- Training budget
- AllHands (biannual team event)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
- upload your CV, and
- let us know in your cover letter what you bring to the table.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://laterpay-jobs.personio.de/job/90894
You may also be interested in these jobs below