JOB FUNCTION Client Partner
LOCATION Headquarters:San Francisco, CA,Anywhere
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and triple-digit growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
As a Client Partner at Toptal, you will help us continue Toptal’s incredible growth and establish us as the premier partner for the world’s leading companies. You will help our clients build amazing teams with Toptal’s elite talent. Toptal only accepts the best – we accept less than 3% of applicants, and we connect organizations to the talent they need with unmatched speed and efficiency. On average, we provide less than two candidates per hire, find candidates in less than 24 hours, and have a 98% success rate. We help organizations build amazing teams, providing everything from key individuals to whole teams – imagine what you could do with such a powerful model.
Our goal is to be the go-to partner for the world’s leading organizations, and this role is central to that goal. You will be the main point of contact for key clients, managing delivery, operations, and teams for a portfolio of clients, with a focus on mutually-beneficial, long-term relationships that establish Toptal as a trusted talent partner. As you grow your portfolio, you will help the world’s best companies change the way they build teams, get work done, and leverage the power of a blended workforce and distributed teams. You will work in a distributed company and help define an entirely new space by helping the world’s best talent find the perfect opportunity, while also helping leading organizations find the best talent more effectively and efficiently.
In the first week you will:
- inboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Learn Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and our story.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand how you can leverage our incredible global team to build client relationships and drive success.
- Learn our operating model, delivery method, and sales process.
In the first month you will:
- Complete our personalized sales training program, complete with mock calls and role-play scenarios.
- Work with your team lead to identify the right mix of clients for your portfolio.
- Begin to meet with clients, articulate our value proposition, and identify where we can help organizations in your target portfolio.
In the first three months you will:
- Establish a working cadence with key clients, stakeholders, and team members in your portfolio.
- Provide delivery oversight for all work on your accounts, ensure customer satisfaction, and support the talent working with your customers.
- Connect the world’s best companies with the world’s best talent. You will work collaboratively with clients to help them engage Toptal’s engineering, design, and finance experts to drive successful outcomes for their organization.
- Develop account plans for key accounts.
In the first six months you will:
- Build upon your existing client relationships, expand Toptal’s partnership with existing accounts, and execute your account plans.
- Begin to expand the scope of engagement at all of your accounts, introducing new capabilities and offerings to your clients, while also increasing the scale of Toptal’s involvement at your accounts.
In the first year you will:
- Have built a portfolio of incredible client accounts, with a track record of successful delivery, satisfied clients, and happy team members.
- Begin to mentor new members of the team, helping them learn about Toptal, our model, and how we connect our clients to the world’s top talent.
- Continue to expand your portfolio of accounts, accelerate growth in existing accounts, and leverage the full suite of capabilities Toptal has to offer.
- Client Focus. Your primary goal will be to make your clients successful, so you must be someone who is obsessive about the talent we bring and the outcomes we deliver for our clients.
- Resourcefulness. You should think about your portfolio as your own business – we want self-starters who are passionate about building a portfolio of accounts, and who thrive on the freedom and accountability of leading their portion of the business.
- Teamwork. Everything we do is done as a team. We collaborate with our clients, and we leverage our exceptional, global core team to get work done and serve our clients and community.
- Passion. Our goal is to change the way organizations build teams and how the world’s top talent finds opportunities. You have to be passionate about what we do, and be a strong advocate of the change we are driving in the market.
- Communication. Our clients are global, our talent community is global, and our core team is global. Good communication is at the core of everything we do, and you must be a strong communicator able to speak to a wide range of customers and team members, across a wide range of geographies.
- Hustle. You understand how to build from the ground up and will hustle to grow your portfolio of clients.
- Ownership. You take responsibility for the success of your clients, the Talent that works with them, and for your portfolio.
- Quality. You take pride in everything you deliver as a reflection of yourself. You also take personal accountability for the delivery quality of your teams.
- You must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- You must be able to clearly articulate Toptal’s model, our value proposition, and how we can help our clients.
- Ideal candidates have demonstrated success establishing and growing client relationships, and have been responsible for establishing and growing a book of business in a services model.
- Depending on the location of your clients, travel of up to 50% may be required
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.toptal.com/careers
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
Full-Stack Software Engineer
May. 21st | Articulate