Customer Support Representative
JOB FUNCTION Customer Support Representative
COMPANY Small Improvements
LOCATION Headquarters:Berlin,Covering of US eastern time zones)
Join our (remote) customer team
Who we are
What you’ll do
- Timely responses to the online support tickets filed by our clients. Our customers can reach out with tough questions or bugs, so it’s important to think like the customer and propose a solution or workaround. We have a SLA of 24 hours and primarily use email, but we aren’t afraid to jump on the phone.
- Working closely with our sales and customer success team to develop key accounts, recognize pain points and opportunities for helping a customer succeed long term.
- Feedback to the development and product team. It’s important to us to improve the product based on the common questions we get from clients.
- Updating documentation and product testing. It’s also an opportunity for you to get involved in updating our documentation or testing, and giving feedback to, new features our development team are working on.
- Troubleshooting bugs and working closely with developers to manage a reported bug from start to finish.
- 3+ years of experience supporting SAAS software: Our product is a web-based SAAS solution, so experience in customer support with comparable online products is a must. Experience with software QA is a plus.
- Familiar with online support tool sets: You should be familiar with online support software like Zendesk or Helpscout, and using online tools like Trello. Familiarity with tools like Statuspage for use during app outages is a plus.
- You write well and aren’t afraid to jump on the phone: Most communication does happen in writing, so it’s important that you get your message across at high quality. Your first chance to prove this is your cover letter! You should also be comfortable helping customers over the phone.
- Experience with remote work: There are many advantages to working from home: No commute, flexible location, and more. It’s not as if you’ll be entirely on your own — we communicate constantly using Hangouts, Slack, and Confluence. (Plus we’ll fly you over to SF and Berlin once a year) Our satellite workers are of the self-driven, comfortably autonomous variety though. So if you are naturally a self-starter and very proactive about keeping everyone in the loop, you’ll fit right in!
- Technical plus charming: You need to be tech-savvy and a fast learner, as our product is complex and contains some very technical aspects. It’s not uncommon to troubleshoot a customer issue using system audit logs.
- You pay attention to detail: Our product is very broad and deep, and customer inquiries can be quite tricky. You need to be able to pick up small details in support tickets, and also read between the lines.
- Willingness to go the extra mile: It’s not about answering tickets as quickly as possible. It’s about answering questions as successfully as possible and spending extra effort to point out even better solutions.
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’re invited to visit our Berlin head office for three weeks once a year and we cover the costs. Take an office tour.
- We care about our employees’ happiness. Check-out what they are saying about working here.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.small-improvements.com/careers/customer-support-representative/
You may also be interested in these jobs below