JOB FUNCTION DevOps Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:Remote, USA,Remote, USA
OUR CORE VALUES
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
AS A DEVOPS PROFESSIONAL AT TAXJAR YOU WILL
- Help us maintain high standards for security, stability, and operational best practices
- Maintain, test, and improve disaster recovery across our technology stacks
- Build complex deployment pipelines for Ruby and Elixir applications
- Maintain and improve our monitoring and alerting systems across AWS and Heroku applications
- Assist in migrating services from Heroku to AWS
- Be an expert with AWS cloud services; EC2, CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, IAM, etc.
- Support the project efforts of all TaxJar development teams
- 3 – 6 years of experience in cloud based DevOps with a heavy focus on AWS services
- Production experience with: CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, Ruby applications, Elixir applications, AWS cost optimization, and Postgresql
- Experience with running disaster recovery scenarios and then documenting and implementing issues that were discovered
- Ability to write clear and accurate documentation around how infrastructure is laid out and can be modified
- Be accountable for the infrastructure you are provisioning and maintaining
- Manage DevOps tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in eCommerce
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
YOU’LL BE A GREAT FIT FOR OUR TEAM IF YOU
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we’ll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.taxjar.com/jobs/
You may also be interested in these jobs below