Director of Engineering
JOB FUNCTION Director of Engineering
LOCATION Headquarters:San Francisco, CA,Remote
Who Should Apply?:
How You’ll Contribute:
- Help us grow the team from 6 to 15 in the next 18-24 months.
- Establish a strong engineering culture centered around on-time delivery and accountability.
- Get engineers to buy into team and organizational goals and priorities.
- Collaborate with other teams effectively.
- Work closely with product to create roadmaps and milestones.
- Resolve conflicts within the team and externally.
- Advocate for improving reliability and paying down technical debt.
- 4+ years experience as a software manager or team lead
- 3+ years software engineering experience
- Experience setting technical KPIs
- Experience with Python
- A passion for education and improving lives
Nice To Have:
- Experience managing a distributed team
- Experience working remotely
- Strong interest in data science
- Experience building a positive engineering culture
- Our frontend is a modern React/Redux stack.
- Communication with the backend happens over a combination of websockets, GraphQL, and REST APIs.
- The main backend is Django on Python 3.
- We use Docker extensively, both for student code execution, and for deployment of our services.
- We use Kubernetes on Google Cloud to orchestrate our containers in production.
- Our data is largely stored in Postgres, with some caching in Redis.
Why You Want To Work At Dataquest:
- The opportunity to see your impact on the lives of our students every day.
- The chance to work with an engaged and mission-driven team.
- The chance to contribute to product direction and decisions.
- The ability to work remotely.
- A supportive environment where you can get help when you run into blockers.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.dataquest.io
You may also be interested in these jobs below