JOB FUNCTION Editor
LOCATION Headquarters:San Francisco, CA,Remote, USA
At Dataquest, we teach data science to a community of hundreds of thousands of students worldwide. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We’re looking for an experienced editor who can help the team plan, track, and release courses effectively. We want to eventually help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education. You’ll play a key role in ensuring we release quality content that keeps them excited on the journey.
Who Should Apply?
The editor will help drive our mission by ensuring that course plans are thoughtfully fleshed out and realistic while helping with project management and editing. Ultimately, you will be responsible for supporting course authors and helping them focus on authoring high-quality courses for our students.
You will set processes around project management, and help to keep authors on track. Additionally, you will need strong attention to detail, as you will be responsible for editing all course content and creating supporting assets like course summaries. You will work to coordinate and communicate effectively with our engineering and marketing teams to ensure that courses launch as planned.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Doing style and copy edits on in-progress courses.
- Ensuring a consistent tone and style across all of our courses.
- Creating style guides and other assets to help content authors explain concepts to students more effectively.
- Creating course plans with content authors that include deadlines.
- Overseeing each step in the course production and release process.
- Doing project management and moving courses between steps in our planning tool.
- Coordinating the development of supporting content assets, such as course summaries
- Coordinating technical reviews of courses.
- Gathering feedback from students on courses post-launch.
- 5+ years of editing experience.
- 3+ years of project management experience.
- Strong writing skills.
- A passion for education.
- Experience coordinating across teams.
- Experience working with external and internal authors.
- Strong time management skills, and a developed process
Nice to Have:
- Experience in the education or edtech space.
- Experience writing and/or editing educational content.
- Experience in content strategy.
- Experience in data science.
- Experience working remotely.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.dataquest.io
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
Full-Stack Software Engineer
May. 21st | Articulate