JOB FUNCTION Elixir Engineer
COMPANY DockYard, Inc.
LOCATION Headquarters:Boston, MA,Boston, MA
WHAT WE DO
We help ambitious companies transform new ideas into fully deployed web applications. Our clients range from seed funded and early stage startups, who depend on us to define and deliver business-critical workflows, to established enterprise companies seeking fresh perspective and deep expertise on new projects.
The ideal candidate is a champion for diversity and inclusion, is self-driven, team-oriented, passionate about web technologies and industry best practices, and has experience designing complex frontend architectures using Ember.js.
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK HERE
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan with a focus on providing an exceptional working environment. Some of these benefits include:
- 100% Remote workforce
- 100% DockYard paid medical, dental, vision, life & AD&D starting Day 1
- 401(k) offered through Vanguard
- Substantial paid time off
- Conference & Laptop stipend
Mid- to Senior
Remote (U.S. based only)
Work independently or with other engineers to develop user experience-focused web applications, or provide support for existing systems.
- Collaborate with designers, frontend developers, stakeholders, and clients to understand business goals, analyze requirements, formulate solutions, and ensure the successful execution and delivery of the end product.
- Assist in scoping, estimating, and planning of projects.
- Participate in code review, pairing, and other forms of knowledge sharing.
- Some travel required.
- Production experience with Elixir & Phoenix
- Solid understanding of OTP
- Experience designing and working with relational database systems (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience developing backend services and JSON APIs to power single-page web applications
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
NICE TO HAVES
- Prior client services, consulting, or freelancing experience
- Experience working in a remote team
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://dockyard.com/careers
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
Full-Stack Software Engineer
May. 21st | Articulate