Email Marketing Manager
JOB FUNCTION Email Marketing Manager
LOCATION Headquarters:San Francisco, CA,CA
- Success in this role is measured in three primary ways:
- 1) Bolstering our KPI’s across all funnel steps, introducing experimental strategies, and testing/analyzing these for effectiveness.
- 2) Owning, organizing, and centralizing all email initiatives across our business units to optimize the usage of email while maximizing its effectiveness.
- 3) Being able to think creatively and speak to our customers and prospects while being able to structure the interplay of marketing systems.
- Work closely with all stakeholders across the Growth, Sales, Matching, Product, Design, and Content Strategy teams, serving as both a strategic partner and effective project manager.
- Own a strategic roadmap of prioritized experiments across the entire funnel and set up respective measures of success/failure.
- Manage the rollout of validated experiments and ensure these continue to run smoothly over time.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for email marketing across all stakeholders throughout the business.
- Be able to provide rough drafts of messaging and content arcs for email campaigns.
- Operate with a high degree of empathy and strive to understand our customers at all stages of the sales funnel.
- Proactively learn about other functional areas of Toptal and ideate how email marketing can complement existing strategic initiatives.
- Utilize our analytics tools to dive into user behavior to find issues and opportunities which can be translated into a new initiative.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
In the first week you will:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal – meet with the teams and people you will have long-term working relationships with.
- Work closely with your onboarding mentor and other Growth leaders to gain a fundamental understanding of the teams, product, and business operations.
- Work closely with the members of the Growth team to understand the current climate of email marketing at Toptal.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform & marketing suite.
In the first month you will:
- Take ownership of current email-related experiments, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Begin to work with the Director of Growth Operations to begin identifying high-priority funnel areas that can be improved with email marketing experiments.
- Start building a campaign calendar to centralize all email marketing initiatives and house retroactive reporting on the efficacy of these campaigns.
- Begin to dive into existing email practices using our analytics tools and platforms to provide insight into the Growth team and the current state of Toptal’s funnel.
In the first three months you will:
- Start to take ownership of strategic initiatives and driving them forward with the relevant stakeholders, coordinating design, engineering, and content where required.
- Contribute ideas for new experiments and initiatives for the email marketing roadmap, focusing on business value and the overall impact on revenue.
- Continue to support the Growth, Sales, Matching, and Product teams on execution, validation, and success measurement of all email-related initiatives.
In the first six months you will:
- Be able to demonstrate a clear measure of your impact through your ideas for new tests, and execution excellence.
- Have already rolled out many experiments across the customer journey and be able to report on their current/ongoing success.
- Built upon and centralized all email and marketing automation systems at Toptal.
- Have a clear understanding of all data flows between platforms and various tools in our Growth and Marketing suite.
In the first year you will:
- Drive significant impact on how our customers move through the funnel. You will create personalized yet scalable experiences for all relevant customer segments and ensure they are delighted with the service.
- Scale your team and function, which could involve the hiring of email marketing managers to support you to scale.
- Set a high bar: Toptal has a very high standard for quality and so should you.
- Passion for growth: you love to read about digital marketing and growth hacking in general. Bonus points If you call yourself a “growth nerd”.
- Exceptional eye for detail: You will be the owner of all things email marketing at Toptal and as a high-tier brand, every email needs to be scrutinized to perfection. Therefore, you will care about minute details or discrepancies and be able to spot them easily.
- Proactive: this is a remote position which requires self-starters. We don’t measure how many hours you work, but you will be expected to consistently contribute value and deliver assignments by the deadlines you set.
- Autonomous: you will have support and direction, but you will also be able to know how to manage your own time, prioritizing the projects you have and knowing when to get clarity on prioritization of projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We are a remote company and this is a highly communicative role, so this goes without saying.
- Demonstrated interest and proficiency in digital marketing, analytics, and ability to think like a product manager. You will be taking a product-centric approach to email marketing.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, and often rapidly-changing environment, with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- Curious: you are curious about how things work and why. You are not satisfied with a surface-level knowledge of how something works, or why users take certain actions.
- Intermediate to advanced analytics skills: You will be analyzing the full-funnel effects of your campaigns and experiments. Be able to measure and stitch together data and map an outcome from email delivery to revenue.
- Intermediate statistics: you know what statistical significance means, and when it matters. You know how to interpret p-values in A/B tests.
- Knowledge of online marketing and web best practices: you will have the opportunity to, and be expected to, contribute ideas for new initiatives and experiments aligned with modern digital marketing best practices.
- A high degree of empathy: Email will be most effective when we can truly understand and predict the sentiment of our customer segments at any given point in time throughout the funnel.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: This function is fairly new at Toptal and is ready for rapid scaling. Be ready to hit the ground running and take ownership of this function.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.toptal.com/careers
You may also be interested in these jobs below