Enterprise Happiness Engineer
JOB FUNCTION Enterprise Happiness Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:San Francisco, CA,Remote
This is a customer-facing WordPress support role requiring a mix of debugging and development experience as well as great communication skills. You’ll be working directly with both client and agency developers on a daily basis on some of the highest-profile and highest-traffic WordPress sites in the world. Your voice as a customer advocate will help to improve and shape our platform, ensuring our clients and their site visitors have the best experience with our services. We are looking for people with empathy, writing skills, accountability, WordPress knowledge, and code savviness.
Are you interested in learning more about how our team works? Check out what our Enterprise Happiness Engineers have to say.
Your day would involve:
Maintaining the quality, accuracy, and thoroughness that is part of our high-touch, concierge support.
- Helping clients and teammates via tickets and real-time discussions using a variety of research, debugging, tools, processes, detailed error reporting, and documentation.
- Troubleshooting tough problems with client sites, themes, and platform tools that often deal with edge cases and WordPress internals at scale.
- Handling high-pressure situations and one-off projects involving complex dependencies, multiple stakeholders, and tight deadlines.
- Observing and relaying opportunities to make our platform, services, and overall offering more appealing.
- Creating and updating internal and client-facing documentation.
Useful skills for you to have:
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- A deep knowledge of WordPress and some of its plugins, themes, and WP-CLI.
- Experience working primarily in a customer-facing role, including support and training.
- Admirable troubleshooting skills that help you take big problems and break them down into manageable pieces with elegant solutions—and importantly, keeping our customers apprised of progress throughout.
- Understanding of issues around scalability and performance.
- Exposure to monitoring tools such as Kibana and New Relic.
- Great communication skills. We’re a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a requirement.
- A self-driven work ethic where you take initiative and follow things through to completion. You’re comfortable prioritizing tasks and deciding what you should work on next.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Keeping up to date with changing WordPress and technology trends on behalf of the VIP team and clients, often training others once you’ve become proficient. Flexibility is key.
- Consideration of the 24/7 nature of support and an ability to regularly assist with weekend coverage, as well as some holiday and evening availability. Our customers are global, and rely on us to provide expedient support, at any time of day. This is a full-time position.
- Fluency and eloquence in written English are a requirement; additional spoken or written languages can be beneficial.
Our team will train you on the VIP platform, the inner workings of our services and help you increase your WordPress expertise even further. Should you show interest or proficiency during this mentorship, we will put you in a position to apply your skills to engineering opportunities of even greater scale and complexity. This could include debugging client code to a greater degree, monitoring performance, gaining more client exposure, building internal tools, or assisting with site migrations to our platform.
We want to build Automattic as an environment where people love their work and show respect and empathy to those with whom we interact. Diversity typically includes, but is not limited to, differences in race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, physical disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age. To work on diversity means that we welcome these differences, and strive to increase the visibility of traditionally underrepresented groups. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://automattic.com/work-with-us/
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Customer Support/Success Lead
May. 23rd | Kumu
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!