Experienced Back End (Elixir) Developer
Instinct Science is an early stage Philadelphia-based animal health company working on a unique technology solution for state-of-the-art veterinary hospitals. We are gaining rapid early traction and seeking a developer who is looking for a new career opportunity.
The Instinct team consists of veterinary and technology professionals who offer years of experience developing and commercializing point-of-care software for the veterinary industry. We encourage a diverse, inclusive, supportive, fun work environment. As a distributed team, we value teammates with strong communication and organizational skills.
The ideal candidate is efficient, thoughtful, detail-oriented, and motivated by working on challenging yet meaningful work that has the potential to shape the entire profession.
Technology used at Instinct:
* React, Apollo, Electron
* Elixir, Phoenix, Absinthe, Docker
* PostgreSQL, Redis
* Papertrail, Sentry, Prometheus, Grafana
* Github, Jira, Slack
* Develop new and improve existing features
* Build and maintain our API
* Integrate with partner APIs
* Increase our unit and integration testing coverage
* Review PRs
* Help with database maintenance
* Help with integration and deployment DevOps
* Participate in architecture and roadmap sessions
* At least 3 years of professional experience in back end development
* Elixir or Erlang
Preferred experience (will earn bonus points):
* Absinthe GraphQL
* JS / Node, React, Apollo
* Previous remote engineer position, preferably as part of a small team
* Previous work on medical or medical records, veterinary, financial software
Instinct Science is a greater Philadelphia-based animal health company that helps the world’s state-of-the-art veterinary practices streamline their care through medically-driven invoicing and thoughtful automation. Find out more at www.instinct.vet.
Our project is supported by the Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Southeastern PA, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority.
Instinct is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment free from harassment or discrimination in any form. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, ancestry, veteran, or disability status.