Experienced Engineering Manager
JOB FUNCTION Experienced Engineering Manager
LOCATION Headquarters: Los Angeles,North America
Have you spent the past five years managing software engineers?
Do you have a proven track record of building teams that deliver complex software on-time and in-budget?
Are you ready to take your career to the next level and work with the best engineers on the planet?
If so, we want to meet you!
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join the team at Citrusbyte.
In this role, you will manage a team of 10 to 15 engineers operating in small squads of 4-5 engineers and work directly with Product, Research and Design teams as well as customer stakeholders and technical leads to build complex custom software applications.
Responsibilities and Duties
As an engineering manager supporting the development of a product, you are responsible for:
Strategy and Consulting
- Run and / or participate in project kick-offs.
- Work with your team to choose the tools, architecture, and platforms used to deliver client projects.
- Define quality standards for client projects.
Hiring and Training
- Attract, nurture, coach, and retain talent.
- Ensure every assigned engineer has a career progression plan with regular check-in points and real-time feedback.
- Ensure engineers are provided with continuous and valuable learning opportunities.
- Contribute to determining engineering salary ranges and adjustments.
- Contribute to defining and building the vision for our engineering organization.
- Contribute to defining quality standards for our work.
- Contribute to creating training and learning material and opportunities for engineers.
Managing and Directing
- Talk to engineers to tease out concerns early, then fix them when possible.
- Resolve conflicts or performance problems with engineers.
- Embody the engineering culture and contribute to its advancement, inspiring everyone to live up to it.
- Maintainer and contributor to our company engineering internal and public artifacts such as our quality standards and guidelines.
- Represent the engineering organization with other departments and ensure we provide engineering support wherever necessary in the company.
- Support team happiness.
Engineering and Delivery
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the engineering output.
- Responsible for the continuous, iterative improvement of our engineering team.
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we’re building the best products.
- When necessary, act as Programmer, QA, Architect, PM, etc for short periods of time.
Benefits and Perks
TEAM RETREAT – Once a year the entire Citrusbyte team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND – HAPPY TEAM – We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE – We have comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans, plus we have a 401k plan.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://citrusbyte.com
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
Full-Stack Software Engineer
May. 21st | Articulate