Front End Engineer
JOB FUNCTION Front End Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:Chicago, IL ,U.S.A.
- Work with the Product and User Experience team to identify new features and functionality
- Work with Engineering teams to convert mockups to working views in the application
- Pair with both Engineering and User Experience teams to solve problems collaboratively
- Be passionate about growing professionally
- Handle hotfixes for any front end issues that may be discovered
- Investigate new front end technologies and how they might be applied to improve the user experience
- Manage global CSS/SASS to ensure it follows BEM conventions and is clean, consistent, and efficient.
- Three to six years of experience in a software development role (Engineer, Designer, QA, Project Manager)
- Passion for creating great user experiences on multiple devices
- Solid understanding of HTML, CSS/SASS, and responsive development
- Knowledge of Node.js, npm, and webpack
- Knowledge of Git (or other source control systems)
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Engineering team. This is a high level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with one of our Front End Engineers to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to nerd out a bit with you.
- Go over your career history with our Vice President of Engineering. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Meet virtually with some more of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your top three movies.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://hireology.com/careers/
You may also be interested in these jobs below