Game Designer / Dungeon Master
JOB FUNCTION Game Designer / Dungeon Master
- This is one of the most unique roles in existence. After all, how many tech companies have a full-time Dungeon Master on their roster? And why?
- We have a community of developers (aka geeks) and we give them Quests, which are month-long co-op Slack-based games designed to help them get energized and do more of what they love and get more productive.
- You can read about a very outdated Quest we made around fitness here: https://x-team.com/blog/fit-quest-our-slack-survival-fitness-game/ (We do much better ones now, just no time to write about them!)
- Another example is a Spy Quest that encourages people to work outside of their home, sending them to cafes and malls to ‘hack’ security cameras and ‘plant devices’ (take a pic of your discreetly placed “microphone coffee cup”) or ‘hack an ATM’ (take a photo of an ATM), all while trying to help catch high profile targets.
- The closest similarity to all of this is Habitica: https://habitica.com/ But less lame and way more epic.
- You’ll be responsible for, each month, coming up with a new quest, playing as the GM/DM on it, compiling graphics you’ll need for it (some Photoshop experience is a big plus here), writing minor storyline to help the quest progress, and creating all the mechanics that make it super fun to play with everyone while completing “real world” tasks.
- You’ll report to the CEO, our chief geek.
- Up to $15 per hour ($2,400 per month) based on experience and written English capability.
- $2,500 per year budget given to every X-Teamer which can be used for various activities which help you learn, grow and get energized. Examples include: gym membership, fresh produce, courses, conferences, babysitter, games, and more.
- Aspiring game designer looking to start building some experience in game design.
- Beloved dungeon master/game master who loves getting a group of friends together for an epic quest.
- Passion for all or most of these: travel, gaming, tech, movies, fitness, photography, music, mental health.
- Extensive knowledge of games, especially tabletop games, and ability to adapt their mechanics into Quests.
- Independent, self-motivated
- Fluent in written English
- Proactive attitude
- Possess a spirit of generosity
- Live and work in one of our roaming hacker houses (X-Outposts) around the world.
- Work from anywhere as part of a community of digital nomads.
- Join our vibrant community, filled with opportunities to learn new skills together in study groups, join clubs (photography, gaming, etc.) and get free camera equipment/games/conferences/courses/massages/etc., charitable fundraisers, fitness & yoga programs (+gym membership), etc. This is the community to be in if you work remote.
- We’ll provide up to $2,500 in funding for your learning and growth through our Unleash program, which provides opportunities to unleash your potential through initiatives that help you grow as a developer and explore your passions more each day.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via http://bit.ly/2OC73gA
You may also be interested in these jobs below