Hiring Team Member
JOB FUNCTION Hiring Team Member
COMPANY G2i Inc
LOCATION Headquarters:Delray Beach, FL,USA
What is G2i?
- Engineers will vet other engineers
- Engineer vetting will be as close to on the job requirements as possible
- The vetting process will be objective, repeatable and quantitatively scored
- The process will be transparent. We will provide the engineer’s code, our code review and technical interview notes in full to our clients.
What We’re building
Who we want to hire (Qualifications)
- You are either semi-technical and want to grow in your frontend skills with React or you’re an ex-developer that enjoys the people side of the business.
- You are comfortable with outbound and inbound communication
- You will complete non-trivial hiring and fulfillment requirements , on time, with very little or no help from other members of the team.
- You can work independently and figure out how to solve problems in front of you.
- You will assist other members on the team when they get stuck working on non-trivial hiring and fulfillment requirements.
- You are omni-competent and can contribute while crossing contexts.
- You will practice a habit of over communicating in public and will hold the team accountable to doing the same.
- You will have a sense of ownership over the engineer hiring and fulfillment process. The buck will stop with you.
- You will have a sense of urgency to your work meaning that the completion of a task is important to you.
- You will measure your success by how much value is being delivered to clients and engineers and by how much you are growing.
- You thrive in a context heavy on interpersonal interaction especially over Zoom
- The highlight of your day will be getting a company the engineers they need to build their product. You’re happy when the client is happy.
Who you will work with
- Lee Johnson is the CTO of G2i. He has been an engineer for 20+ years, has worked across numerous tech stacks and has survived countless engineering fads. He was an early adopter of React and React Native and helped to start React Native Radio with Nader Dabit. Lee currently leads Platform development, but his goal is to focus more on G2i’s vetting process.
- Stephen Mitchell works in Growth. Stephen’s background is in sales and marketing, but he’s the type of person who will accomplish anything you throw at him. He works on our inbound/outbound sales strategies and is relentless about finding product market fit. He’s also experienced in the G2i engineer hiring process and can do full cycle sales with our clients.
- Chris Severns is the Hiring Team Lead and the person that wrote this job description. He focuses on engineer hiring, the technical vetting process and client fulfillment. He is an engineer that started working in Rails and picked up React, React Native, Node and GraphQL while working at G2i. He is relentlessly focused on providing quality engineers to G2i’s clients and will do whatever it takes to fulfill that mission. He likes to contribute to G2i’s internal tools when he has the time to get into the code.
- Gabe Greenberg is the founder of G2i. His main focus is on sales, strategy and leading the company. Before G2i Gabe planned on being a church planter and pastor. God took him in a different direction after a missions trip to Kenya where he met the street boys we now support. The foundation Gabe was working with needed a website built and everything grew from there.
The rest of the pitch
- We are a 100% remote first company and you have the option of working remotely or moving to South Florida (near the beach)
- We work in React, Node & GraphQL and are looking forward to ReasonML. We like to stay on the bleeding edge when possible
- We’re a startup so there’s lots of room for new ideas and growth
- You will get to learn about and improve every part of our hiring process
- You will meet and work directly with our client’s hiring managers and CTOs large and small (from $1 billion to $1 million in valuation)
- We have a game night every 3 weeks which is a ton of fun!
- 21 Days of PTO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Care (Gold Plan)
- You are looking for a giant slow moving company. We’re constantly experimenting, iterating and changing things.
- You are looking to specialize in some particular problem set. This role requires working in different contexts and problem sets. We need people that can adapt to the challenges thrown at them.
- You don’t want to take on any work outside of your job description/comfort zone. We’re a small company and sometimes we need all hands on deck for certain problems.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://jobs.lever.co/g2i/f6588986-eda0-4192-aa5c-9949ff509fa0/apply
You may also be interested in these jobs below