JOB FUNCTION iOS Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:Birmingham, AL,USA
- We’re hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
- We’re a startup that’s in “scale up” mode, meaning we’re past the days of just a couple of people in a small office, but we’re still very much a fast-paced, highly collaborative company.
- We’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools. We place great value on work/life balance and abhor the stereotypical 100 hours/week startup life. We have families and know you do, too.
- Craft and continuously ship well-tested, maintainable, and efficient Swift code
- Collaborate with product and design to create, design, and incrementally refine features
- Migrate existing functionality implemented in the Ionic framework to be more sleek, efficient, and performant in native iOS
- Ensure quality in your code with unit and UI tests
- Proactively identify and squash bugs as well as performance issues
- Take an active role in shaping and defining mobile engineering best practices
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our HQ in Birmingham, AL or REMOTELY. 50% of our Engineering Team works remotely and we strive to promote a strong remote working culture.
- Build mobile apps used daily by tens of thousands of people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- 2-3 years of experience building and shipping native iOS apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in crafting quality code in Swift (Objective-C is a bonus)
- Mastery of the iOS SDK and mobile-specific fundamentals (networking, multithreading, memory management)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in designing human-centered interfaces with UIKit
- Experienced in consuming and building RESTful APIs (Ruby on Rails, Node, or similar)
- Committed to utilizing TDD to create unit and UI tests
- Knowledgeable in the current state of the iOS ecosystem, deployment, and continuous integration best practices
- Versed in hybrid mobile applications (Ionic, React Native, NativeScript, etc.)
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Remote working friendly
- Monthly catered lunches and office snacks
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.fleetio.com/careers
You may also be interested in these jobs below