Kotlin Android Developer, soon to be Head of Android development
JOB FUNCTION Kotlin Android Developer, soon to be Head of Android development
LOCATION Headquarters:Montreal, QC,Montreal, QC
- Take ownership over Android projects
- Be part of the planning and execution of the roadmap
- Contribute to the decisions around the product
- Suggest and implement new technologies
- Build the product
- At least 3 years experience writing reliable and performant code for consumer-facing mobile applications.
- Strong expertise with native Android software development toolkits and the Kotlin Language.
- Good understanding of the MVVM architectural pattern.
- Strong working knowledge of Git and Agile Delivery Methodology (e.g. using Bitbucket and Jira).
- Familiar with Unit Testing, UI Testing and Mobile Continuous Integration.
- Experience with performance profiling and tuning with Android Studio’s debugging and profiling tools.
- Worked with RESTful Web Services and JSON using Retrofit and Moshi / Gson.
- Experience with Reactive Programming, RxJava / RxKotlin, is a plus.
- Experience with using Websockets for real-time communications is a plus.
- Experience with Dependency Injection Frameworks is a plus.
- Ability to autonomously learn the APIs of third-party SDKs and Frameworks to effectively integrate them into the app.
- Ability to contribute to the app’s UI and UX, including the creation of Custom Controls adhering to Google’s Material Design principles.
- Willingness to learn as well as to share knowledge.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Your work and ideas will have a tangible impact on the wellness of millions of lives.
- You’ll work from home alongside amazing, high-performing colleagues.
- Fantastic tech start-up environment, using best practices and cutting edge technologies.
- Dinner time policy: Be there for dinner with your kids, story time and soccer games.
- Vacation embargo: When you are on vacation, you won’t receive emails from the team.
- We offer a competitive salary which will depend on your specific experience, with annual benefit and salary reviews.
- Equity options are offered with every role.
- Everyone gets 25 days of annual leave.
- Flexible start times (core hours 10:00-15:00).
- We pay for your gym, if you go.
- We have Company “off-site” meetings twice a year where we fly the team to a destination.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also be interested in these jobs below