Lead Distributed Data Engineer
JOB FUNCTION Lead Distributed Data Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:Minneapolis, MN,USA
- Collaborating with our API team to provide the data they need to build the next version of our API.
- Writing robust, well-tested code, ensuring that the team has the confidence to make changes and iterate quickly.
- Build fault-tolerant, highly-available, and highly-scalable systems to support the exponential growth of our data
- Build a data-ingestion engine to gather data from hundreds of cryptocurrency exchanges via our integration specification API
- Compute many levels of aggregation on the raw data ingested in real-time
- Expose the data via both HTTP GET requests and also Websocket streams to our API team
- Owning our data ingestion pipeline
Required experience and skills:
- 3+ years in software engineering data-intensive applications
- 1+ years experience with data streaming systems (e.g. Kafka, Flink, Spark Streaming, Samza)
- 1+ years experience with distributed databases (e.g. Cassandra, DynamoDB, Cosmos, Bigtable)
- Autonomous, organized, and disciplined technical leader
- Strong communication, planning, and estimation skills
- Dedication to honesty, transparency, and kindness
- Automated testing as part of your development workflow
Bonus experience and skills:
- Financial data processing
- Protobuf, Thrift, or Avro
- Distributed Tracing
- Communication – You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well and seek to understand before reacting. You maintain calm poise in stressful situations to draw out the clearest thinking. You provide candid feedback to colleagues. You can articulate what you are, and are not, trying to do.
- Creativity – You create useful new ideas. You minimize complexity and find time to simplify. You re-conceptualize issues to discover solutions to hard problems. You welcome change.
- Judgment – You identify root causes, and go beyond treating symptoms. You challenge assumptions and strive to propose solutions when practical. You make wise decisions despite ambiguity and use data to inform your intuition. You think strategically and make decisions based on the long term. You define your desired goals and work backward from there.
- Integrity – You are known for candor, authenticity, transparency, and being non-political. You only say things about fellow employees that you say to their face. You admit mistakes and apologize freely and openly. You treat people with respect independent of their status or disagreement with you.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://nomics.breezy.hr
You may also be interested in these jobs below