Legal Operations Wrangler
JOB FUNCTION Legal Operations Wrangler
LOCATION Headquarters:San Francisco, CA,Remote
We are seeking talented wrangler of contracts, shares of stock, and the myriad details that we need to mind to keep the Automattic legal machine humming along.
As our first contracts and stock administrator, you will be part of a small legal team responsible for supporting all of Automattic’s growth. This is the ideal role for a candidate looking to expand beyond what is on offer in a traditional legal ops or paralegal position at a more moribund company. You’ll help invent processes and build systems from the ground up, not just run a dusty old machine built by someone else in the 1990s.
Some of your responsibilities will include: impeccably managing our cap table in Shareworks, helping to wrangle our flow of inbound agreements of all types as we build out our contract database, and contributing to quarterly investor reporting and annual audits. Everything at Automattic is done on a global scale and in an international context, and you will frequently be managing projects in non-US jurisdictions.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience as an in-house stock admin or paralegal in a lean, fast-growing, fast-paced software, internet, or creative startup, large private company or at an investment fund.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills, including outstanding verbal and written skills in English.
- Possess an agile and curious mind. You’re not afraid to ask questions or admit when you are wrong.
- Have a healthy sense of humor, and an abiding spirit of idealism about your chosen profession.
- Have a passion for elegant, simple, automated solutions that keep operations running smoothly, and an ability to see opportunities for process improvement and the initiative to move forward with action.
- Thrive in a tech-centered, developer-focused environment, and are adept at collaborating with engineers and understanding technical and product details.
- Love a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Prefer operating very independently, and are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills, and enjoy juggling an array of tasks.
- Are collaborative, and enjoy working with teams such as Engineering, Marketing, and Finance.
- Excel at understanding complex topics and explaining them to others in clear, concise, terms.
Bonus points if you have experience working on a distributed team, WordPress, software development, coding, or open source
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://automattic.com/work-with-us/
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
Full-Stack Software Engineer
May. 21st | Articulate