JOB FUNCTION Product Manager
LOCATION Headquarters:Remote, USA,Remote, USA
OUR CORE VALUES
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
- Deeply understand the needs and desires of merchants, developers, and CPAs who collect and remit sales tax. You’re experienced at demonstrating the value of a software solution to multiple segments of customers, and you know how to tailor the experience to each.
- Use your experience and your full range of product development skills to produce thoughtfully simple sales tax features.
- Analyze data to help make better product decisions and always be fine tuning our product strategy and roadmap.
- Manage, maintain and communicate the product roadmap to the company.
- At times, communicate directly with states and local jurisdictions to identify and clarify sales and use tax laws and rules and understand how they impact our customers.
- Be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next product innovation to working directly with designers, marketing and developers leading up to launch.
- Bring new perspectives on how we can improve our product to better serve our customers, while ensuring we stay true to our focus, core values and mission.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be excited to work in a fully-distributed environment with multiple teams.
- 3 – 6 years of experience in agile SaaS product management, preferably in small business, payroll or taxes
- Experience in strategic planning and implementation of product launch campaigns
- Data driven, with strong problem framing and analytical skills. You must be able to properly frame and size complex problems, then break them down into actionable steps
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with developers, customer success, sales and marketing team members, state employees, and stressed-out customers
- You have the perfect combination of patience and an intense bias for action
- Superior attention to detail, with strong process and documentation skills
- Clear, concise writer
- Self-directed, self-motivated
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (Basecamp, chat, zoom, email, etc)
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but are also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we’ll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.taxjar.com/jobs/
You may also be interested in these jobs below