Publisher Development Manager
JOB FUNCTION Publisher Development Manager
LOCATION Headquarters:New York, NY,North America
- Similar to the role of a Sales Development Representative, this position is heavily skewed toward cold emailing and cold calling. Unlike a traditional SDR however, you won’t be working on the brand side. Rather, you will be building lists of prospective new publishers, reaching out to them to understand their current monetization efforts, walking them through Paved and the sign-up process, and working with our Sales Director to match them with our current advertiser demand.
- You will be doing a lot of research. We often have advertisers looking for publishers that appeal to an obscure audience. You should know all the advanced Google commands and be able to find anything on the Internet with relative ease. Hunter.io and MailTester.com will be your friend.
- You’ll spend a lot of your day talking to passionate (and often international) entrepreneurs who have grown blogs and newsletters around topics they love. You’ll be educating them on the monetization process, signing them up, and helping attract advertisers to their Paved profile.
- We track everything…and you will too. You’ll be responsible for managing, tracking, and reporting all data/activities in Salesforce. Don’t worry, we can walk you through how to do this.
- As you listen to publishers, you will be able to both identify new Paved feature requests and help publishers identify bundling opportunities to sell more sponsorship slots. You will communicate these to the larger team and assist with shipping features that publishers need and desire.
- You can identify a problem, create a solution, and execute. As part of a high-growth, lean team, we expect you to determine a reasonable solution and take initiative without necessarily needing to be told what to do. If it needs doing, you make a gametime decision and get it done.
- You are relentless. You may need to email someone 5 times (or over the course of several months) before you get their attention. This role is for someone willing to push hard.
- You are goal-oriented and ambitious. You enjoy tracking your successes, understanding your shortcomings, and reveling in the expansion of Paved and our publisher network.
- You have a good old fashioned work ethic, day-in and day-out. You have grit and take ownership to see things through to completion.
- You have some experience in B2B sales, sales development, or business development.
- You are a great communicator, writer, and problem solver. You have passion, enthusiasm, energy, and humor. Being able to articulate yourself well over email, over the phone, and via screen share, is absolutely essential.
- You have a bias towards immediate action and results. You have a track record of working independently with minimal supervision in an environment that changes rapidly.
- You are excited to work in a small, collaborative, innovative team. You recognize that the success of any product is ultimately measured by the success of the product’s customers.
- Flexible schedule and a goal oriented culture
- Competitive salary and opportunity to grow with the company
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat motivated team
- We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, fits in well with our team, and elevates our game. A sense of humor, a lack of ego, and a desire to do great work is essential.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://paved.workable.com/jobs/817666
You may also be interested in these jobs below