JOB FUNCTION Rails Engineer
Howdy 👋We’re the folks at Jilt, an email marketing platform built for eCommerce. We help thousands of stores grow sales with emails that delight their customers. Our team is 100% remote, with 21 people distributed all over the world.
We’re looking for a driven, detail-oriented senior engineer to join our team and build fast, scalable backend systems in Rails.
You should be…
- Deeply experienced with Ruby & Rails
- Adept at translating user stories into detailed engineering implementation tasks
- Detail-oriented & curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently and taking a high level of responsibility
- Dedicated to constant learning and sharing your knowledge
Bonus points if you also have…
- Elasticsearch experience
- Experience with eCommerce platforms like Shopify or WooCommerce, especially integrating with their APIs
You’ll be responsible for…
- Building features, tweaks, bug fixes, and refactors based on specs in Clubhouse stories (derived from both customer feedback and our product/support teams)
- Adhering to internal code standards and best practices while suggesting new ones for team consideration
- Carefully user-testing your own work and implementing feedback from code review
- Providing detailed code reviews to your teammates
- Updating our internal wiki & documentation
- Assisting our support team with troubleshooting challenging issues
Why you’ll love working with us…
- Kind, wonderful teammates that enjoy their work as much as you do
- Competitive salary
- Annual company retreats (read about our last adventure in Lake Tahoe!)
- Fantastic benefits: 27 days paid time-off, full health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), retirement contributions, paid parental leave, and more!
- Transparent culture (check out our team wiki)
Curious to hear more? Learn more about the position and apply via the link below. Applications accepted through May 28th. We can’t wait to meet you!
We support workplace diversity and do not discriminate on any protected class. We believe when we work together as a team of different views, experiences, and ideas, we can build amazing things.