Senior Python Developer
JOB FUNCTION Senior Python Developer
Are you ready to take part in the development of one of the fastest growing European Fintech companies?
If you are passionate about developing Python code, we are looking for a Python developer to join our cross-functional team.
The major part of the technical development of our internal global projects is located in the city centre of Málaga, our technological hub, where we use and develop the latest technologies in our sector.
We are passionate about development and enjoy clean code, continuous deployments and regular integration.
We believe that automation and tooling play a critical role in software development.
We build the core of Ebury products, services and API, all developed in Python / Django.
We work with an Agile methodology, doing iterations of two weeks and delivery features using a release train process that happens every week.
Here at Ebury, we have a flat structure. This means teams join various different steps of the production process in a proactive way all while being in permanent contact with teammates. Our ideal candidate needs strong teamwork skills and needs to be hungry to leave their mark in this sector.
- You love clean code. You understand that writing beautiful and readable code is the key to building a great product, and you are able to follow industry best practices.
- You understand the importance of receiving feedback. You use code reviews to improve yourself and to share your expertise with other members of the team.
- You enjoy building and developing new features as much as bug fixing.
- You are self-organised and can work autonomously.
- You have exquisite attention to detail, and you’re comfortable learning about new technologies and systems.
- You enjoy working in a team. You are used to working with multidisciplinary teams with other profiles and are able to learn and share your knowledge with them.
- Design, build and maintain code and systems across Ebury’s engineering teams.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company to build new features at large-scale.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Think about systems and services and write high-quality code. We work in Python, however, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- You will contribute to evolving legacy code on our brand-new back-end stack.
- All of these run smoothly in Docker containers on AWS.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience using Python
- Solid experience in unit testing patterns
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communications skills
Nice to have
- Some exposure to a frontend programming language
- Experience with web frameworks like Django / Flask
Why work with us
- This is a great professional opportunity to develop your career in an international company and in a continuously innovative environment
- We offer competitive conditions as well as the possibility to keep growing thanks to continuous reviews and a clear career path
- We have an internal blog to share technical knowledge. Read more about Ebury Labs.
- Have the possibility to participate in conferences for your own professional growth
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via