Senior Python Developer
JOB FUNCTION Senior Python Developer
COMPANY Paysure Solutions
LOCATION Headquarters:London, United Kingdom,London, United Kingdom
Who are we?
We’re an InsureTech startup founded in May 2017 and have developed a suite of working & tested applications focused on automating and processing claims.
Have you ever had to claim on your car insurance policy, or perhaps travel insurance? How long did it take? How many bureaucratic hurdles did you need to tackle? How much did you have to pay out-of-pocket? Our suite of apps helps to mitigate all of these scenarios; it spares customers of hefty out-of-pocket payments, visits to branches, and from all the paperwork usually involved.
Do you see the opportunity? We certainly can – and we’re not the only ones! Due to ever-increasing interest in our solution we are looking for top notch developers to help us scale-up by building out our core systems. We plan to onboard our first customers this year so it is a super interesting time to join.
Why should you work for us?
Our product is solving an important real-world problem that is widely recognised by insurance companies and their customers. We have a unique opportunity to completely revolutionise an industry currently dominated by large corporations.
We are a cosy team with a high-level of experience in both insurance and technology. We operate with a horizontal structure; everyone, whether a developer or the CEO, is invited to help mould the product & strategy. We strongly believe in the freedom of work. As long as you are able to work in an asynchronous environment, all we ask is that you deliver what you promise. We won’t insist on you being chained to a desk or a particular location.
We pay market rates depending on experience and skillset.
What tools and methods do we use?
- Latest versions of Python, Django and Flask.
- Test-driven and behaviour-driven (Gherkin syntax) development patterns.
- Continuous integration and delivery using CircleCI.
- Infrastructure as code (AWS & Terraform).
- Docker both for development and production (Amazon ECS).
- Microservices-based architecture.
- Maximal test coverage – unit tests, acceptance tests, integration tests, and system tests.
- Our preferred project management method is Kanban (Trello).
- Our preferred communication tool is Slack.
Why should we hire you?
- You can hit the ground running and develop maintainable code from day one.
- Your Python skills allow you to solve business challenges by creating new microservices that follow well-recognised Pythonic patterns.
- Your enthusiasm around latest developments in the Python community would enable us to keep our stack up to date and also have you represent us at PyCons and other events.
- You are familiar with basic Linux internals (you can explain SIGTERM and what is so special about PID 1) and also Docker internals, enabling you to deliver highly available microservices.
- Using your skills with object-oriented modelling (and possibly DDD) you ensure business processes are recorded in our codebase in a clear & understandable way.
- Your familiarity with Amazon Web Services enables you to deploy your own services without depending on other people.
- You are able to work in an unstructured start-up environment. You escalate problems whenever you are stuck and also voice your opinions when needed, ultimately enabling us to innovate faster.
- Your proactive and transparent approach will save us from any major hiccups, since you solve problems before they ever reach the client.
What if I don’t have all the skills mentioned?
No worries, we will still consider candidates who can tick the majority of boxes.
How should I apply?
Send us an email with your resume and explain your motivation. Please include all relevant links – mainly LinkedIn, your website/blog, GitHub, Stack Overflow, or similar.
We will take a look at your profile and arrange a short Skype call – just a friendly conversation to get to know each other. No typical HR questions. Part of the call will be dedicated to discussion about your experience, and about your approach to solving technical challenges. We will ask you some questions that will test your level of understanding of the topics covered.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via http://www.paysurekc.com/
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
Full-Stack Software Engineer
May. 21st | Articulate