Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
JOB FUNCTION Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
LOCATION Headquarters:Washington DC,USA
- A continuous review of overall test quality, test coverage, and exception reports.
- Implement new features that emphasize clarity, robustness, and maintainability.
- Mentor others through pairing, code reviews, and regular knowledge sharing.
- Establish coding standards, driving best patterns and practices.
- Assist with planning efforts assessing technical feasibility of new product features.
- An effective communicator, you will work collaboratively and constructively with others in the team and broader organization.
- Work with the Principal Engineer to support proper architectural oversight of the product.
- Rotating on-call duties with other team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Deep knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
- A test-centric approach to development, in order to build and deploy with confidence.
- Comfortable at the command line, and with advanced git features.
- Longstanding familiarity with the Ruby and Rails communities — you stay on top of current news and changes to the language and framework landscape.
- Good understanding of application security and common vulnerabilities as expressed by the OWASP Top 10.
- At least 2+ years of recent production experience developing and deploying large-scale Rails applications.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL outside of ORMs like ActiveRecord.
- At least 8+ years of professional experience in software engineering preferred.
- Have participated in an organization using an Agile-based approach to software delivery
- Experience in a multi-team organization and can articulate the strategies, tools, and methods in support of an SOA approach to software .
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Have taken part in building a software appliance or on-premise solution.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Telecom bonus
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via cofense.com/company/careers
You may also be interested in these jobs below