Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
JOB FUNCTION Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
- Strong experience with Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency in backend development in general
- Solid design and architecture skills
- Ability to demonstrate that with the right approach Rails can scale easily
- Building JSON APIs and familiarity with modern API standards (JSONAPI, GraphQL)
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external development teams
- Proficiency with UNIX environment
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (we’re on Postgres). Experience with other databases will be a plus
- A strong commitment to quality
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience with remote work and/or a solid work ethic that makes it possible to thrive in a remote-only environment
- Care for the greater good, BookingSync is not just a software company, we give back to humanitarian, solidarity, environmental & ecological causes from 10% to 50% of our profit.
- Experience with messaging solutions (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.)
- Intimate knowledge of DDD/CQRS/ES, Clean Architecture.
- System administration and security
- Contributing to development community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking and all other forms.
- Short term rentals or travel industry
- A small homework: Imagine that you don’t want to or just don’t have enough time to go through entire Twitter timeline every day and you are only interested in URLs to the various resources that are submitted by the people you follow (e.g., to blog posts). Implement a script that solves that problem and returns all tweets containing URLs. You should be able to specify either since when you want to fetch tweets or between what timestamps. Make it executable and runnable from console returning a nicely formatted result. The output should include the URLs themselves, date and some info indicating what it is about (especially for shortened URLs). Treat it as a real-world feature and send us a link to the repo.
- Technical interview with remote pair-programming session: the interview part shouldn’t take too much time – we are mostly interested in ability to solve the actual problems and being able to figure out the best possible solution for that problem, not in knowing things can be easily googled and learned through experience, that’s why the interview part will be focused mostly on open-ended questions about some non-trivial matters. The pair-programming session will take a bit longer, and it will involve some nice challenge in a Rails universe.
- An interview with our CEO and/or COO that will be focused more on soft things, nothing technical this time.
- An opportunity to have the conversation with the entire team you are going to work with. It is an excellent way for both sides to make sure we will be a perfect mutual match.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://bookingsync.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=5
You may also be interested in these jobs below