Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
JOB FUNCTION Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:San Antonio, TX,North America
We are looking for these qualities:
- Experience using Ruby on Rails in conjunction with an underlying database like MySQL or similar
- Test driven development using Rspec
- Experience working with SQL databases. Bonus for MySQL/MariaDB.
- The ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to handle all phases of a project on your own, from idea to implementation.
- Self directed with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently without and as part of a team to accomplish goals
- Ability to write and manage documentation at the development level as well as the customer level
- Experience using Git to manage projects and code
- Leadership skills with experience managing engineers at past positions
- Experience with WordPress
- Advanced proficiency with at least one scripting language such PHP or Python
- Advanced proficiency with JS/TypeScript
- Experience with React/Redux
- Experience building REST API’s
- Linux (Debian)
- Ansible and systems management tools
- Using debugging skills to solve problems on production systems
- Building maintainable, efficient, and clean code on Pressable’s stack
- Daily upkeep, maintenance, monitoring of Pressable’s control panel
- Providing thought leadership and direction for Pressable’s development team
- Working closely with our systems team to build new features and improve Pressable’s stack
- Communicating with Pressable’s leadership, and proactively looking for opportunities for improvement
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for under $10. We pay 99% of premiums for you and your family.
- 401(k) Matching. We match your 401(k) contributions up to 6% of your salary.
- Work From Anywhere. Work from your local co-working space, your house, a National Park, or Starbucks. We’re happy regardless.
- Generous Time Off Policy. We want our team members to enjoy a phenomenal work–life balance.
- Team Building. We bring the team together annually for a week-long retreat.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://pressable.com/careers/
You may also be interested in these jobs below