Senior Software Engineer, MoveOn (REMOTE)
JOB FUNCTION Senior Software Engineer, MoveOn (REMOTE)
LOCATION Headquarters:San Francisco, CA ,USA
- Write code and lead projects that span the entire software stack, including prototyping, front-end development, API development, high-performance back-end applications, database design, and system architecture.
- Debug, analyze, and resolve scaling problems across a variety of web applications, with tactics such as architecture simplification, adding caching layers or queues.
- Create and contribute to open-source projects that share MoveOn’s innovations back with the larger developer community.
- Contribute to system architecture and build-vs.-buy decisions and make hard decisions about complexity.
- Contribute to team discussions on building an equitable working environment.
- Come up with ideas for new, innovative distributed organizing applications.
- Learn, grow, and succeed in your career.
- Currently fluent in at least one programming language and web development platform, with significant prior development experience in at least two programming languages.
Experience carrying a > sixmonth-long project over the finish line.
Experience debugging and resolving a major production problem.
Proven ability to fearlessly tackle complexity.
Interest in technical leadership and in building a software engineering environment where everyone can thrive.
Passionate about mentoring and coaching other engineers.
Interested in learning and diving into new languages, tools, and frameworks.
Experience on both front-end and back-end development and the interactions between the two, including HTTP, CORS, and CDN caching.
Experience scaling applications with caching and troubleshooting bottlenecks at the database and application layers.
Determined and thorough—can see a project through from idea to prototyping, design, production, scaling, and beyond.
Familiar with agile software development methodologies.Ability to be effective in an organization whose staff all work remotely.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://front.moveon.org/careers/
You may also be interested in these jobs below