Software Architect, Ruby on Rails
JOB FUNCTION Software Architect, Ruby on Rails
LOCATION Headquarters:Leesburg, VA,Virginia
Cofense is the leader in “Human Phishing Defense” solutions and is seeking a Software Architect to continue expanding its quickly growing engineering teams. As a Software Architect, you should be an effective engineer with high standards for design and be able to communicate how the architecture supports business goals to all stakeholders.
- Understand product system requirements and architecture.
- Maintain an architecture roadmap and technology radar to guide engineering direction and the evolution of our product offerings.
- Generate necessary documentation to communicate architectural and design options to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Using the product roadmap, make decisions about our technical direction and influence technical decisions as a member of engineering leadership.
- Collaborate with other product teams to integrate all Cofense products into a precise suite and ensure consistent usability.
- Investigate third party applications and APIs and check compatibility for potential integration with the Cofense suite of products.
- Ensure the team has the information to implement the necessary technical direction.
- Demonstrate a real passion for developing well architected, elegant software tools and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they a listing of all of the skills required to perform this role. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of this role. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Extensive experience in Ruby on Rails a plus.
- Experience in micro service architecture and practices.
- Strong desire to maintain and develop skills and stay ahead of available technologies.
- Experience with high-volume web applications.
- Knowledge and experience using AWS services, such as S3, RDS, and SQS
- Strong communication skills
- You have superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are proactive, motivated and able to work in teams or alone.
- You like to mentor engineers as well as learn from them.
- Possess a solid understanding of distributed systems.
- Approximately 10% travel. Some occasional international travel may be required.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree preferred. Strong preference given for bachelor and advanced degrees in software technology related fields.
- At least 10+ years of professional experience in the software engineering/architecture field.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom bonus
- US Telecommute
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via cofense.com/company/careers
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
Full-Stack Software Engineer
May. 21st | Articulate