JOB FUNCTION Software Developer
LOCATION Headquarters:Baltimore, MD,USA
- front-end development
- back-end development
- data mining
We have services written in R and Ruby: including a Rails API. We use Postgres and Elasticsearch as our persistence layers and Ember.js as the framework we currently use for our client-side application. Some languages we have been evaluating for upcoming services include Clojure, Elixir, and Node.js. We do not expect a candidate to have all of those skills currently, but s/he should be proficient in building web applications at scale.
- 5+ years of professional software development
- Experience with MVC frameworks and paradigms
- Excellent designer of APIs for other developers (and future self!)
- Solid understanding of both unstructured and relational databases
- Low ego and high pride in your work
Allovue’s Current Stack
- Empowerment: We strive to harness the power of technology, and balance it with the empowerment of educators to make better decisions for their students.
- Thoughtfulness: By balancing intuition, pragmatism, and information, we keep educators and their goals in mind when building our company and our products.
- Humility: We take pride in our work, and its importance, while remaining humble in our process and remembering that the students are the bottom line.
- Diversity: Our team is varied in our backgrounds, but singular in our vision. We’re committed to solving the problems our customers face.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Employee-friendly option plans
- Administration of a 529 plan (education savings account)
- A team of smart, passionate, funny, kind people
- Flexible hours and locations
- Time to recharge with more than 3 weeks PTO
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://allovue.com/about/careers
You may also be interested in these jobs below