JOB FUNCTION Software Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:Dakar, Senegal,AFRICA
How you’ll help us achieve it
- Let people pay their electricity bills with Wave, by integrating with Senelec, the national electrical utility.
- Build an app for business owners to pay their employees’ salaries using Wave.
- Let us safely lend smartphones to thousands of taxi drivers so they can accept payments with Wave, by building software to manage the phones and discourage theft.
- Location: At least 2/3 time on site in Mbour, Senegal (a coastal city near the capital). Wave covers all living expenses in Senegal with the best possible housing and food as well as six roundtrip flights home (or anywhere else) each year, for you plus any family you bring.
- Salary: $120,000 – $170,000 USD, depending on experience, plus equity.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Native or fluent English.
You might be a good fit if you
- Are excited to deeply understand the inner workings of the tools you use.
- Consistently make progress on hard problems without getting stuck or giving up.
- Are not afraid to take on complicated systems.
- Reflexively ask yourself, “how will this code change affect my users?”
- Can communicate clearly with colleagues who work, speak and think differently.
- Work to make things easier for the next engineer who will touch your code.
- Always try to improve as a programmer and colleague.
Bonus points if you
- Speak French.
- Are familiar with our user base.
- Have experience with the languages and tools we use (primarily: Python 3, SQL, Kotlin, Kubernetes).
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://soshace.com/careers
You may also be interested in these jobs below