JOB FUNCTION Software Engineer
COMPANY Bold Penguin
LOCATION Headquarters:Columbus, OH,North America
We’re seeking a full stack Software Engineer who will serve as a cross-functional member of the engineering team who embraces DevOps culture and practices. We’re at a pivotal point where we’re building the platform that will serve as the foundation for the business for years to come.
- Engineers backend services and APIs using Ruby on Rails
- Integrates with third party APIs such as Twilio and with various insurance carriers
- Creates automated tests to ensure our applications are reliable
- Automates the deployment pipeline to enable frequent deployments and consistent builds from development through production
- Shares responsibility for site reliability engineering first designing resilient systems and applications, troubleshoots performance or availability issues, and participates in the on call rotation
- Creates relational database schemas and performs query optimization as well as using in memory data stores
- Collaborates closely with Systems and Security Engineers to build secure and reliable applications
- 5+ years relevant experience building scalable and functional applications, including two years of Ruby.
- Experience in technology companies and startups using open source technologies including Linux, Git, AWS, and modern development environments
- Expert in either front-end or back-end but capable with both.
- Familiar with a microservice architecture
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.boldpenguin.com/careers
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
Full-Stack Software Engineer
May. 21st | Articulate