JOB FUNCTION Software Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:Chicago, IL ,USA
- Help implement an easy to use, continuously deployed product
- Participate in DevOps tasks, design reviews, writing stories, coding modules, code reviews, unit testing and automated acceptance testing
- Collaborate with experienced software developers in the design, development, maintenance of our application
- Partner closely with our product and business teams to ensure that we are delivering the best possible outcomes for our internal and external customers
- Results Obsessed: You are passionate about measuring and driving demonstrable results through your efforts
- Expert: You are an authority in the software development space, bringing your knowledge and passion to Hireology
- Think Strategically: Data-savvy when it comes to driving performance and a driven individual who can accelerate the growth of our product
- 3+ years of experience writing applications with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Golang or other strongly typed languages
- Familiar with service-oriented architectures
- Excited about delivering quality and are familiar with unit and acceptance testing frameworks
- Knowledgeable with third party API integrations
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment with distributed source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, extensive testing, and continuous deployment
- Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Agency and/or Third Party Inquires will not be accepted.
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with one of our Software Engineers to talk shop. Be prepared to talk about how you approach work technically with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to nerd out a bit with you.
- Go over your career history with our Vice President of Engineering. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Meet virtually with some more of the remote team. We want to give you some idea of the people you will be working with. We ask the serious questions here, like your top three movies.
- Provide us some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://hireology.com/careers/
You may also be interested in these jobs below