Software Engineer (PHP Integrations)
JOB FUNCTION Software Engineer (PHP Integrations)
LOCATION Headquarters:Remote, USA,Remote, USA
OUR CORE VALUES
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
AS A PHP SOFTWARE ENGINEER AT TAXJAR YOU WILL
- Build out exciting new features in our Magento extensions and WooCommerce sales tax plugin
- Become a lead maintainer of our repositories on GitHub and solve customer issues
- Write strong, well-tested, scalable PHP code daily
- Improve onboarding and UX for Magento and Woo merchants
- Improve integration performance for high volume stores
- Be challenged to solve new problems
- Review and test your teammates pull requests
- Contribute to and maintain our existing PHPUnit tests
- Learn new eCommerce platforms and assist with development
- Help maintain our PHP sales tax API client with new features
- Assist the customer success team with highly technical issues
- Spend time working the customer success inbox. Our employees, even the CEO, spend time doing this – we’re all in it together.
- Experience with an eCommerce platform such as Magento or WooCommerce
- Ability to write clear and accurate tests using PHPUnit
- Write code that is maintainable, readable, and follows standards / best practices
- Be accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in eCommerce
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)\
YOU’LL BE A GREAT FIT FOR OUR TEAM IF YOU
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we’ll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.taxjar.com/jobs/
You may also be interested in these jobs below