Software Support Analyst
JOB FUNCTION Software Support Analyst
LOCATION Headquarters:Remote, USA,Remote, USA
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
- Solve technical problems for customers on a daily basis. Our software support analysts need to be fast learners and get up to speed quickly on our product and integrations.
- Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email (we use Help Scout).
- Face debugging issues not only within our own Ruby and PHP codebase but also with the many technologies employed by our customers.
- Troubleshoot SmartCalcs API questions, and help customers with WooCommerce plugin and Magento extension questions.
- Track & monitor all customer requests and trending product issues.
- Distill complex issues into underlying causes and work directly with our product development teams to deploy solutions while consistently delivering world-class support.
- Interact with the developers to help identify root causes to bugs and exceptions reported by customers or by our application.
- Proven experience in a technical help desk or customer support role
- Demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot errors in one or all SQL, Ruby and PHP
- Experience supporting open source carts like WooCommerce and Magento
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications
- Experience working with a remote team
- Extremely patient…sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain 🙂
- Ability to multitask on various client issues and prioritize issues.
- Approaches success from the customer’s point of view
- You enjoy teaching
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax
- Attentive to details, both in communication and in explaining how TaxJar works
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.taxjar.com/jobs/
You may also be interested in these jobs below