JOB FUNCTION SRE Europe
LOCATION Headquarters:Distributed, Europe,Europe
- Report and solve problems within the GrapheneDB infrastructure.
- Participate in SRE software engineering, writing code for the continuing reduction of human intervention in operational tasks and automation of processes.
- Monitor the GrapheneDB infrastructure, responding to incidents, correcting and improving systems to prevent incidents and planning capacity.
- Manage infrastructure, system deployments and product releases.
- Implement and enforce security best practices at scale.
- Write specifications for secure, robust, resilient and observable services, both centralized and distributed.
- You will participate in 24×365 on-call schedules.
- Experience as a Linux systems engineer/administrator in the Amazon Cloud (AWS).
- Experience deploying, managing and monitoring Docker containers at scale. We don’t plan to use Kubernetes in the near future, but CoreOS seems tempting.
- Relentless desire to automate and build tools to achieve it. We use Python/Ruby for scripting. Go is our choice for small, efficient networking tools, whereas Rust is a safer choice for our core services. You don’t have to be proficient in all of them.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems using high and low level debugging tools and techniques throughout all our stack.
- Familiarity with “infrastructure-as-code” tools: eg. Ansible and Terraform.
- A passion for security, observability and monitoring.
- You have monitored and tuned the Java Virtual Machine to ensure apps run smoothly.
- You have managed any combination of these: MongoDB, Kafka, ElasticSearch.
- Familiarity with NGiNX
- AWS Lambda Functions and Elastic Container Service.
- You enjoy working remotely and the (over)communication it requires.
- You have worked with Git, Github, Gitflow and are familiar with code reviews.
- You lead a healthy lifestyle and enjoy your time outside work.
- Competitive salary
- 100% remote work.
- Numerous planned company events throughout the year.
- Flexible working hours and a generous vacation policy.
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Budget for personal development: books, training, conferences, etc.
- You submit your application via our online form.
- We review applicants, screening for a variety of criteria.
- If you pass the screening, we will ask you to complete a small coding test.
- We will review code test submissions and conduct calls to interview candidates based on their solutions.
- We will make an offer to the candidate we think is the best fit.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.graphenedb.com/
You may also be interested in these jobs below