JOB FUNCTION Support Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:London, UK,London, UK
- Take ownership of issues reported by customers and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Monitor uptime and analyze transactions data using third party analytics tools to resolve more advanced issues.
- Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps for internal use and to extend our Knowledge Base.
- Carefully follow internal documentation to perform website migrations and repair websites infected with malware.
- Completely fluent in English with excellent written communication skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment interacting with multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining a professional and friendly tone.
- Our Support Engineers must know WordPress deeply. All we host is WordPress and we have the best support team in the business (even if we do say so ourselves). While you don’t have to be a full-fledged WordPress developer to be a Kinsta Support Engineer, you do need to know the WordPress database and file/directory structure as well as the wp-config.php file like the back of your hand. Experience with WP-CLI certainly advantageous.
- Consummate professionalism: we’re a distributed team and we expect you to act like the professional we know you are. That means being a member of the Kinsta team requires excellent communication, rock-solid reliability, and the drive to bring your best effort to bear on your work every single day.
- Completely fluent in a second language. Languages we’re currently targeting include: Italian, French, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, and Norwegian. If you are fluent in one of these languages please highlight this information when you apply!
- Deep expertise in any (or all!) of the following: WordPress, Linux, NGINX, PHP and MySQL.
- Experience setting up, managing, and supporting LEMP/LAMP stacks.
- Prior experience working with customers over chat in a technical role in a fast-paced environment – particularly experience providing live support for web hosting or WordPress products.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://kinsta.com/careers/
You may also be interested in these jobs below