JOB FUNCTION SysOps Engineer
- Create new Google Cloud virtual machines, install our hosting and software stack on them, and connect them to our pool of production machines.
- Assist the Support team by investigating bugs and issues reported by our clients affecting our infrastructure or platform.
- Monitor our infrastructure and respond to instances of high load. Investigate the issue, take steps to stabilize the infrastructure, document the steps taken, communicate lessons learned for the improvement of the team, and propose changes to avoid a recurrence.
- Respond immediately to any system outages during a scheduled 8 hour shift.
- Review firewall rules and make necessary adjustments in response to malicious traffic reaching our platform.
- Occasionally assist the DevOps team in the development of new tools and in the refinement of existing tools.
- English fluency.
- Extensive experience creating, managing, and configuring Linux environments.
- Experience working with and configuring the following software, tools, and packages: nginx, php-fpm, MySQL, iptables, Ubuntu Linux.
- Experience with Ansible.
- Experience with ZFS.
- Experience with nginx fastcgi cache.
- Experience with Linux containers (LXD/LXC).
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://kinsta.com/careers/
You may also be interested in these jobs below