Tax Filing Specialist
JOB FUNCTION Tax Filing Specialist
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
- Interface directly with customers to validate their filing credentials on a per state basis
- File a high volume of sales tax returns to states (don’t worry, we’ll train you)
- Work with representatives of states to quickly solve issues related to invalid filings
- Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email
- Track all customer requests and trending product issues
- Contribute to clear and simple documentation and support content
- Work closely with our product team to continually make our filing process more efficient
- Approach success from the customer’s point of view
- Are extremely patient…sales tax is painful 🙂
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Think the chance to understand the ins-and-outs of sales tax is interesting!
- Have prior experience handling highly-sensitive data
- BONUS POINTS if you have previously filed sales tax returns for more than 1 year in multiple states
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://www.taxjar.com/jobs/
You may also be interested in these jobs below