Technical Support Engineer
JOB FUNCTION Technical Support Engineer
LOCATION Headquarters:Durham, NC,North Carolina
Principals only, no recruiters. Currently, we are not set up to support remote employees from CA, NY, WA or outside the continental US. All applicants must have an existing US work visa.
Spreedly is seeking an experienced individual to join our Support Engineering team, start learning, and contribute quickly. We’re a payments API that’s used by developers around the world, so you’ll become a product expert in all things Spreedly as you support our users. Our team is largely based in the RDU area of North Carolina, however we are looking for someone who is willing to work shifted PST hours regardless of location in the US.
Our thorough API documentation, ease of implementation, and timely responses are just a few reasons our customers love Spreedly. We are a lean, quickly evolving team that isn’t afraid to reflect on process, approach, and tools to make sure we’re providing the smoothest experience for users in the most efficient way as we scale our team. We will look to you for meaningful feedback on product, user experience, internal processes, and beyond.
You are a support junkie who loves digging into customer use cases and thinking deeply about how to help customers succeed. You’re patient and resilient, with a sense of humor, and a natural ability to listen and educate. Your curiosity and desire to learn are key to your success.
A typical day might include running some API calls to troubleshoot a customer issue, combing Github to verify product behavior, updating our documentation to provide clarity on said behavior, and reviewing some technical documentation to determine if a potential partner meets our API criteria.
What You’ll Do
- Research and troubleshoot customer issues, encouraging self-service where possible and working cross-functionally .
- Track new feature and improvement requests, including use case, value and impact.
- Discover and analyze gaps in customer experience, identifying early warning signals that lead to churn and reporting to applicable teams for follow up.
- Create and maintain Help Center and technical documentation to aid in customer education and self-service.
We’re Looking For Someone With
- 3-5+ years of Customer Support and/or Success experience.
- Technical experience with APIs.
- Passion and excitement for how quality customer interactions can drive business growth.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Ability to thrive in loosely structured environments, and you take ownership to see things through to completion.
- Ability to work standard PST hours regardless of geographic US location
Nice To Haves
- Prior experience at a growth stage SaaS company.
- Prior experience in the payments industry.
- Experience assisting internal and external partners and clients with development projects using APIs.
- Knowledge of and experience coding for HTTPS networking, security, web services, JSON or XML, user interface.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary + equity package
- Outstanding medical and dental benefits(we pay 100% of monthly premiums for employees + families)
- Open PTO policy
- 12 weeks paid family leave for all full- time employees
- Company sponsored 401k
- Yearly paid professional development
Due to the sensitive nature of what Spreedly does – handling payment data- candidates must complete a successful background check. If you have concerns along those lines, please discuss with us sooner rather than later- we do not want you to waste time in the hiring process and get disqualified at the end if we can help it.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager, Support. Because of the high volume of resume flow, we will only respond to those candidates that we think will be a potential fit.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://jobs.lever.co/spreedly/a270c771-ab40-4656-9c0c-3970b3c4d761
You may also be interested in these jobs below
Customer Support/Success Lead
May. 23rd | Kumu
Paid Search Specialist (EMEA)
May. 23rd | Hotjar
Social Media Growth Hacker
May. 23rd | Loom Network
React + Ruby on Rails Engineer
May. 21st | Aha!
React.js and ruby on rails engineer
May. 21st | Aha!