WordPress VIP Developer
JOB FUNCTION WordPress VIP Developer
LOCATION Headquarters:San Francisco, CA,USA
- Work closely with a client to advise them on the best way to structure their theme or plugins
- Review code and provide feedback and guidance to client developers
- Help guide clients through the launch of their sites
- Assist with content migration
- Think proactively for clients as they head into launch
- Guide large organizations with architectural decisions, including the ongoing development of new features and functionality
- Understand the organization’s needs at a deep level, and be able to recommend best practices and workflows as well as tools and plugins
- Review client themes, plugins, and technical integrations
- Debug complex problems and anticipate potential future needs and challenges
- Debug complex problems encountered by clients
- Build tools to help the support team be more efficient
- Work on plugins for clients and the community
- Do performance audits of sites
- Add or debug platform level issues impacting all clients
- Fix security issues impacting the platform or popular plugins
- Help with occasional day to day code review
- Minimum 2 years of WordPress specific experience – specifically experience with performance and security
- Strong debugging skills
- A desire to learn and grow
- Great communication skills
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
Apply for this Position
If you can see yourself in this remote role and feel you can add to the ongoing success of In Marketing We Trust, then apply via https://automattic.com/work-with-us/
You may also be interested in these jobs below